Novel Fair 2017
Our 2017 Novel Fair finalists have been announced. Head on over to our news page to find out who the winners are.
Described by The Irish Times as a 'Dragon's Den for writers', the Novel Fair is an Irish Writers Centre initiative which aims to introduce up-and-coming writers to top publishers and literary agents, giving novelists the opportunity to bypass the slush pile, pitch their ideas and place their synopsis and sample chapters directly into the hands of publishers and agents.
Over the past few years a range of publishers and agents have attended the Fair including Penguin Random House Ireland, Hachette Ireland, Transworld Ireland, Curtis Brown, New Island Books, O’Brien Press/Brandon, Liberties Press, Lilliput Press, Tramp Press, The Book Bureau, Marianne Gunn O’Connor Literary Agency, Jonathan Williams Literary Agency, Lisa Richards Agency, Feldstein Agency and Author Rights Agency and New York based agent Regal Hoffmann & Associates.
There have been a number of success stories since the Novel Fair has been established, such as:
- Janet E. Cameron’s novel Cinnamon Toast (Hachette)
- Niamh Boyce’s novel The Herbalist (Penguin Ireland) which was longlisted for IMPAC 2015
- Beatsploitation by Kevin Curran (Liberties Press)
- Here In No Place by Alan Timmons' (New Island)
- The Reluctant Cannibal by Ian Flitcroft (Legend Press)
- Daniel Seery’s novel A Model Partner (Liberties Press)
- Susan Lanigan’s White Feathers (Brandon Press)
- Eggshells by Caitriona Lally (Liberties Press)
- Andrea Carter's novel Death at Whitewater Church (Constable & Robinson)
- Swimming on Dry Land by Helen Blackhurst (Seren)
The Novel Fair 2017 submissions period has closed.
The Fair itself takes place on 18 February 2017.
Take a look at our video of Novel Fair 2015 to get a flavour for just how exciting this event can be!
For top tips and information on entering the Fair follow us on Twitter, or search #NovelFair2017. Or why not hear from a two-time Novel Fair winner about travelling all the way from Canada to participate? Mairéad Rooney gave us some inside tips in a recent blog.
Before entering the competition, please ensure that you have read the Terms & Conditions very carefully as the Fair is open to previously unpublished aspiring novelists only.
Read up on Novel Fair 2017 Terms & Conditions here.
Download a Novel Fair 2017 Application Form here.
Our media partner: