The Irish Writers Centre has 4 classrooms available for hire and a larger event / conference room.
Classrooms hold up 12 to 16 people comfortably and are perfect for workshops, seminars or meetings.
The event space (the Benedict Kiely Room) seats up to 65 people comfortably, but can host events for up to 90 people (with some standing).
Centrally located, the Irish Writers Centre is the perfect choice if you are looking to arrange a class or seminar or indeed hold a meeting.
Our regular opening hours are Monday to Thursday, from 10am until 9pm, and on Fridays from 10am until 5pm with restricted opening hours on Saturdays. Room bookings outside these hours will incur an additional charge.
The Reading Room is available for €300 for a full day or evening event and €200 for a half day (morning or afternoon), and €150 for a book launch.
- Classrooms are available at €200 for a full day and just €100 for a half day.
- Join as an Organisation Member and receive discounts on room hire.
Terms & Conditions
- Please note that a 50% cancellation fee will be charged if the event is cancelled less than one month in advance of your booking. We are happy to review this for extenuating circumstances.
- If the booking party stay in the venue beyond the agreed closing time, an extra charge of €60 will be incurred, plus an additional €100 for each hour after the first additional hour.
- For literary events that fall on Friday and Saturday evenings, room hire is only under exceptional circumstances but do contact us if you are interested.
- Wine can be provided at €14 a bottle. Alternatively you can bring your own wine. All empty bottles must be removed by you at the end of the event or the following day.
- Coffee and Tea can be provided, there is an additional charge of €25 for up to 25 people, if you are expecting 25–50 people there is a charge of €50. For over 50 people we recommend hiring external catering.
- If food is being served there will be an additional charge of €50 for clean up if the room is not left as it was found.
- Equipment is subject to availability.
Should you need more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org / 00353 1 8721302.