OPEN: Cill Rialaig Residencies 2019
This autumn marks the fifth consecutive year of Irish Writers Centre residencies with Cill Rialaig, Co. Kerry. These residencies are now open for applications to seven writers for a ten-day period from 4 – 14 October, 2019.
In addition to their own work, the writers are requested to put aside approximately 2 hours at the start and the end of the residency to come together to meet and discuss a programming or development idea that the IWC might undertake in the future. Details to be finalised in due course.
To see the beautiful and inspiring landscape of Cill Rialaig click here
Past recipients of the residency include:
2018: Brendan Mac Evilly, Dominique Cleary, Catherine Ann Cullen, Gerry Boland, Caelainn Hogan, Paula Cunningham and John Fox.
2017: Sue Leonard, Fiona O'Rourke, Breda Wall Ryan, Anna Heussaff, Moyra Donaldson, Aiden O'Reilly, Kelly Creighton.
2016: Louise C.Callaghan, Kate Kavanagh, Martin Malone, Dairena Ní Chinnéide, Nessa O’Mahony, Sydney Weinberg and Adam Wyeth.
2015: Andrea Carter, Anthony Glavin, Catherine Dunne, Lia Mills, Louise Phillips, Maria McManus, Seán Hardie.
The seven residencies, two of which will be filled by Northern Irish writers, are offered all-inclusively free of charge (the IWC will cover the utility charge for each of the seven houses). Expenses incurred by the selected writers will be food and travel.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in applying please send the following to email@example.com with Cill Rialaig Residency in the subject line:
- A cover letter including your personal details concisely outlining the project you would like to focus on during the residency
- An updated Curriculum Vitae (max. two A4 pages) including publications with ISBNs.
- Clearly labelled samples of recent work (up to three short samples of up to 300 words or between 4- 6 poems).
- Any relevant information on your proposed project such as written excerpts, photos, research information, etc.
- Please collate all documents into one attachment, either Word or PDF.
At present, this residency is open only to professional members of the Irish Writers Centre. To become a professional member, please see the Professional Member section of our website.
Tuesday 4 June 2019 at 5pm.