Deadline Extended to 27 June! Marian Keyes Young Writer Award
(2 awards offered to December 31th, 2019)
The Irish Writers Centre is thrilled to announce the second round of a new award, kindly sponsored by IWC Ambassador Marian Keyes, specifically to encourage young writers under the age of 30 in the development of their artistic practice.
This award has been created to give financial support to the value of €500 to two young writers in the remainder of 2019 to assist in:
Attending IWC professional development training
- To attending literary festivals
- To attending other literary networking opportunities
The award may be used for:
- training cost of IWC professional development workshops
- ticket cost of attending festivals
- travel and/or accommodation to IWC or to literary festival.
You may have another reason for needing support. Let us know what that is and we will consider compelling reasons.
Examples of ineligible expenses are:
- Tuition for college fees
- Rent for housing (as opposed to accommodation for festivals or events)
- For purchase of equipment, e.g. PC or phone
Eligibility: This award is open to writers under the age of 30 living anywhere on the island of Ireland with strong interest in writing, reading and an ambition to connect with and contribute to the Irish literary scene.
Selected young writers will be asked to produce a short report.
How to Apply: Write to us ensuring to name the award and your name, your email address and contact phone number on the first page of your application. Be sure that you include:
- A short cover letter including your personal details and statement of artistic intent, telling us clearly and concisely why this award would be useful to you at this juncture in your career. This is a competitive process, so please make your case carefully and persuasively.
- A preliminary budget, detailing how and when you intend to spend the money
- An updated Curriculum Vitae (max. two A4 pages) including publications in print or online.
- Clearly labelled samples of recent work. Three different samples of up to 400 words each (maximum).
- Any supporting documentation from professional literary or educational referees to help support your application (optional; max two sources).
- Please make sure you include your age in your application.
Note: Please compile all relevant documentation into a single attachment in Word or pdf. Incorrect formatting will disqualify. Send in your application putting Marian Keyes Young Writer Award – Summer 2019 in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: 27 June, 2019 at 5 PM