Our venue – your event
We host a variety of events here ranging from intimate to high-profile book launches, panel discussions, meet-the-author sessions, film screenings and open mic evenings.
If you would like to rent a space here at the Centre, take a look at the details below. All of our rooms are named after the great names of Irish writing:
Benedict Kiely, Eithne Strong, Michael Hartnett, Eilís Dillon and Robert Greacen.
*Please note that a 50% cancellation fee will be charged if the event is cancelled less than two weeks in advance of your booking.
The Benedict Kiely Reading Room is a large function room (max. seating capacity 70) boasting original ceilings and adorned with art from the FX Buckley Collection. It is ideal for all of the events listed above and more, like readings, meetings, seminars and workshops. There is an adjoining room which can be used to serve refreshments, to seat extra guests or to sell books.
We also have four smaller classrooms (max. capacity 16) available for meetings, writing groups, interviews and other purposes. For room hire, price list and bookings, see below.
Unless your event has been commissioned by the Irish Writers Centre, all events incur a room hire charge.
If you are interested in having the Irish Writers Centre commission a literary event, please email email@example.com with a full and detailed summary of the event, including:
- idea outline
- dates/time of year
- full cost breakdown including ticket price (if any)
- expected audience
- potential for series or to fit in to current IWC series. See our What's On page to gauge its suitability.
The Centre will respond to all ideas, and accept or decline on the basis of the idea's financial viability and/or whether it fits in with the Centre's current line of programming. Please allow at least 10 working days for consideration and response.
Main Reading Room seating capacity: 70
Boardroom seating capacity: 12
Classroom seating capacity: 16
Our regular opening hours are Monday to Thursday, from 9.30am until 9.30pm, and on Fridays and Saturdays from 10.00am until 5.30pm. Room bookings outside these hours will incur an additional charge, see rates below.
If you would like to view our facilities, please contact us on 01-8721302. To check availability, please fill out the enquiry form below and we will contact you shortly:
|Full Day||Half Day||Book Launch Mon–Thur Evening||Other Evening Events|
Terms & Conditions
- If the booking party stay in the venue beyond the agreed closing time, an extra charge of €60 will be incurred, plus an additional €100 for each hour after the first additional hour.
- For literary events that fall on Friday and Saturday evenings, room hire is only under exceptional circumstances but do contact us if you are interested.
- Wine can be purchased at €14 a bottle. Alternatively you can bring your own wine. All empty bottles must be removed by you at the end of the event or the following day.
- Coffee and Tea can be provided, there is an additional charge of €25 for up to 25 people, if you are expecting 25-50 people there is a charge of €50. For over 50 people we recommend hiring external catering.
- If food is being served there will be an additional charge of €50 for clean up if the room is not left as it was found.
- Equipment is subject to availability and may incur extra charges.
Please submit the form below and we will follow up should we need more information. Should you need more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org / 01 8721302.