In association with the PUBLISHING TRAINING CENTRE, LONDON
Autumn 2015 - this course has now passed.
A practical course for experienced editors who really want to hone their skills. Complex exercises tackle a range of material that presents challenges in comprehension, structure and consistency.
Cost: €295/€265 IWC, Pub Irl, AFEPI or SfEP Members
At the end of this course, you should be able to:
- demonstrate a clear understanding of the issues that arise when working on multi-author reference works
- identify the existing skills and knowledge that you can use to tackle complex texts with confidence
- rewrite texts to avoid problems.
Who will benefit from this course?
Experienced editors, or those who have already attended The Publishing Training Centre’s Copy-Editing Skills course and subsequently gained experience.
- Discussion: briefing
- Multi-author works
- Discussion: multi-author works
- Complexity 1: creating a table
- Complexity 2: linguistics
- Complexity 3: assigning structure
- Working on second editions
- What's the problem?
- Working with non-native English
- Rewriting workshop
- Final discussion/queries.
- Course Ends