In association with the PUBLISHING TRAINING CENTRE, LONDON
Autumn 2015 - this course has now passed.
This course will teach you strategies for decision-making, carrying through changes consistently, dealing with an author and finishing the job to a high standard. You will be taught how to get the most out of the proof stages without compromising the budget and schedule. These skills are transferable to any and every publishing context, print or digital.Starts: Mon 19 Oct
At the end of this course, you should be able to:
- decide what to change and what to leave alone
- employ strategies for checking and cross-checking (as opposed to reading)
This course contributes to PUB 20 of the Book & Journal Publishing National Occupational Standards.
- Refresher: what do proofreaders do?
Warm-up: what to look for in a proof
- From script to book: design issues
- Checking and cross-checking
Editing on proof
- The index
Finishing off the job
- Final discussions/queries