Florence Writer-in-Residence 2018
We are pleased to say that the Irish Writers Centre is continuing to develop its links with Italy and we are delighted to announce a one-week residency with St Mark's in Florence this autumn from 30 September – 7 October 2018. During their stay, the writer will be expected take part in a public reading, as well as meeting with the local writing community.
Past recipients of the residency include:
2017: Annette Skade
2016: Paula McGrath
The successful applicant will reside in the beautiful hospitality apartment adjoining St Mark's English Church in the heart of Florence. Transport and living expenses must be covered by the writer.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in applying, please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org with St Mark's Florence Residency in the subject line:
- A cover letter including your personal details concisely outlining the project you would like to focus on during the residency
- An updated Curriculum Vitae (max. two A4 pages) including publications with ISBNs.
- Clearly labelled samples of recent work (up to three short samples of up to 300 words or between 4- 6 poems).
- Any relevant information on your proposed project such as written excerpts, photos, research information, etc.
- Please collate all documents into one attachment, either Word or PDF.
At present, this residency is open only to professional members of the Irish Writers Centre. To become a professional member, please see the Professional Member section of our website.
Friday 1 June at 5pm.