Marian Keyes Young Writer Award
The Irish Writers Centre is thrilled to announce a new award kindly sponsored by IWC Ambassador Marian Keyes specifically to encourage young writers aged 18-26 in the development of their artistic practice.This award has been created to give financial support to the value of €500 to two young writers in the first six months of 2019 to assist in:
- Attending IWC professional development training
- To attending literary festivals
- To attending other literary networking opportunities
The award may be used for:
- training cost of IWC professional development workshops
- ticket cost of attending festivals
- travel and/or accommodation to IWC or to literary festival.
You may have another reason for needing support. Let us know what that is and we will consider compelling reasons.
Eligibility: This award is open to writers aged 18-26 living anywhere on the island of Ireland with strong interest in writing, reading and an ambition to connect with and contribute to the Irish literary scene.
How to Apply: Write to us ensuring to name the award and your name, your email address and contact phone number on the first page of your application. Be sure that you include:
- A short cover letter including your personal details and statement of artistic intent, telling us clearly and concisely why this award would be useful to you at this juncture in your career. This is a competitive process, so please make your case carefully and persuasively.
- An updated Curriculum Vitae (max. two A4 pages) including publications in print or online.
- Clearly labelled samples of recent work. Three different samples of up to 400 words each (maximum).
- Any supporting documentation from professional literary or educational referees to help support your application (optional; max two sources).
Note: Please compile all relevant documentation into a single attachment in Word or pdf. Incorrect formatting will disqualify. Send in your application putting Marian Keyes Young Writer Award – Spring 2019 in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: Monday February 18th, 2019 at 4pm