The Irish Writers Centre can be found at No. 19 Parnell Square, located in the heart of Dublin’s Cultural Quarter in North Georgian Dublin.
The Irish Writers Centre’s listed building retains many of its original architectural features and is home to art from the FX Buckley Collection, the largest private collection of contemporary Irish art.
Just across the road is the tranquil Garden of Remembrance and we are central to many hotels, cafés and theatres as well as the bustle of O’Connell Street.
The Centre now welcomes enquiries for rooms for meetings, writing groups, and a wide range of other purposes both within and beyond the literary, arts and culture sphere.
Your Book Launch
The Benedict Kiely Reading Room is a large function room boasting original ceilings and adorned with art from the FX Buckley Collection. It is ideal for all events such as book launches. There is an adjoining room which can be used to serve refreshments, to seat extra guests and to sell books.
If you are launching a book and would like to avail of the Kiely room then it is available at a special rate for authors of €150, Tuesday to Thursday. The package includes promotion of the launch via our website, newsletter and social media platforms, reaching an audience of thousands.
Please note that a 50% cancellation fee will be charged if the event is cancelled less than one month in advance of your booking. We are happy to review this for extenuating circumstances.
- Wine can be purchased at €14 a bottle. Alternatively you can bring your own wine. All empty bottles must be removed by you at the end of the event or the following day.
- Coffee and tea can be provided, there is an additional charge of €25 for up to 25 people, if you are expecting 25-50 people there is a charge of €50. For over 50 people we recommend hiring external catering.
- Please check with our Administrator if multiple book launch, as we have limited room capacity (max. seating capacity 60 seated, 90 standing). Call us on 01 8721302 to arrange a book launch to suit you.
The Irish Writers Centre has 4 classrooms available for hire and a larger event / conference room. Classrooms hold up 12 to 16 people comfortably and are perfect for workshops, seminars or meetings.
The event space (the Benedict Kiely Room) seats up to 60 people comfortably, but can host events for up to 90 people (with some standing).
Centrally located, the Irish Writers Centre is the perfect choice if you are looking to arrange a class or seminar or indeed hold a meeting.
Our regular opening hours are Monday to Thursday, from 10am until 9pm, and on Fridays from 10am until 5pm with restricted opening hours on Saturdays. Room bookings outside these hours will incur an additional charge.
- The Reading Room is available for €300 for a full day or evening event and €200 for a half day (morning or afternoon), and €150 for a book launch.
- Classrooms are available at €200 for a full day and just €100 for a half day.
- Join as an Organisation Member and receive discounts on room hire.
Unfortunately our building is not wheelchair accessible. If you have access or mobility requirements, please contact the office on (+353) 1 872 1302 so we can do our best to assist you.
We are lucky enough to be located in the historic Georgian area of Parnell Square. Parnell Square is also home to several important cultural and literary institutions.